When you’re managing projects in Basecamp, there’s the common issue of attaching and then downloading files to view and edit documents from different team members, contractors, clients and freelancers.
We think that cloudHQ for SugarSync can greatly simplify asset and document management for Basecamp users. Just enable cloudHQ synchronization between Basecamp and SugarSync. And that’s it: set it and forget it.
All of your Basecamp projects will be stored on SugarSync secure servers and on your local PC. Furthermore, when you add or modify a file on your local hard disk, it will be automatically uploaded into a Basecamp project. No more worrying about whether your local copy is different from one in your Basecamp project. And, last but not least, you can access all your Basecamp projects directly from your mobile phone.
Here are step by step instructions on how to setup CloudHQ to synchronize your Basecamp projects with SugarSync.
Add SugarSync and Basecamp to cloudHQ
In the services tab (http://cloudHQ.net/sugarsync/services) connect SugarSync and Basecamp with cloudHQ:
Create a new folder in SugarSync which will store Basecamp project
Setup Basecamp and SugarSync Synchronization
In the synchronization tab, enable synchronization. Select your Basecamp account and your Sugarsync directory created in the previous step.
And that is all. cloudHQ will start synchronizing SugarSync with Basecamp.
- You’ll have a backup of all your Basecamp projects.
All your Basecamp projects will be stored both on secure SugarSync cloud servers and on your local PC.
- Modify or add a file to your Basecamp project by editing or adding it on your PC.
When you add or modify a file on your local hard disk, SugarSync and cloudHQ will automatically upload changes into your corresponding Basecamp project.
- No more worrying about whether Basecamp has the latest information or whether your local copy is different from the one in your Basecamp project. CloudHQ will ensure that your data is in sync and never obsolete.
- You can access all of your Basecamp project files directly from your mobile phone.
- SugarSync has excellent applications for Android, iPhone and BlackBerry. Since cloudHQ will synchronize all your Basecamp projects with SugarSync, you can access all your Basecamp project attachments (files, assets) and messages directly from your mobile phone.