Email marketing is one of the most important aspects of online marketing, and having great email subject lines is a critical part of this process. After all, if your email subject lines aren’t effective, your emails are likely to go unread.
This is why we’ve put together a list of 100 compelling email subject lines that are sure to boost your open rates. With these great email subject lines, you’ll be able to get your message across and ensure that you’re being heard.
Why Email Subject Lines Matter
Email subject lines are important because they are the first thing that your subscribers see when they receive your email. Did you know that 69% of email recipients mark an email as spam based solely on the subject line? This number increases to 80% when considering both the subject line and the sender name.
With such a high percentage of people marking emails as spam, it’s clear that the subject line is a critical element in getting your email delivered to the inbox. In fact, the subject line is so important that it’s been shown to be the single most important factor in determining whether or not an email is opened.
This means that if you want your emails to be read, you need to have great email subject lines. Here are 100 examples of great email subject lines that are sure to boost your open rates.
Urgency/Scarcity Subject Lines
Inducing a sense of urgency or scarcity is a great way to get people to open your emails. After all, if people feel like they need to act fast, they’re more likely to take the time to read your email.
Some examples of great urgency/scarcity email subject lines include:
1. Only 2 Spots Left!
2. [TIME SENSITIVE!] Last Chance to Register!
3. Hurry, Offer Ends Soon!
4. Don’t Miss Out!
5. Act Now Before It’s Too Late!
6. Time Is Running Out! 20% Off Ends Tonight
7. Only a Few Spots Left! Register Now!
8. This Sale Ends at Midnight!
9. Final Hours! Get Your Discount Now!
10. Final Call: Get Your Free Workshop Now!
11. 24 Hours Left: Get Your Free eBook Now!
12. Only _____ Spots Left! Register Now Before They’re Gone
Action-Oriented Subject Lines
People are more likely to open and read an email if they feel like there’s something they can do with the information inside. This is why action-oriented email subject lines are so effective.
These examples of action-oriented email subject lines will get people to open your emails and take action:
13. Get More Customers with These 5 Simple Tips
14. Save Time with These 10 Productivity Tips
15. Take Action: Register for Our Upcoming Workshop
16. Learn How to Make More Money in Your Business
17. Get Started Now: Create Your First Email Campaign
18. Take the First Step: Join Our Free Webinar
19. You’re Invited: Register for Our Exclusive Event
20. Get Ahead of Your Competition: Sign Up for Our Workshop
21. Open Now: Your Complimentary eBook
22. Exclusive Offer: Get Our New Course for 50% Off
Curiosity Subject Lines
It’s a natural human instinct to be curious, and this curiosity can be harnessed to get people to open your emails. By piquing people’s curiosity, you can entice them to open your emails and find out more about what you have to say.
Some examples of great curiosity email subject lines include:
23. DON’T OPEN THIS EMAIL!
24. Want To Know How I Made $10,000 Last Month?
25. You Won’t Believe What We’re Giving Away!
26. Guess What I Just Learned About Email Marketing?
27. Are You Making These 3 Common Mistakes in Your Business?
28. Learn the Secrets of Successful Entrepreneurs
29. 9 Mind-Blowing Facts About St. Patrick’s Day
30. How to Get More Customers in 60 Days or Less
31. Are You Ready to Make Money?
32. Want to Double Your Sales?
Retargeting Subject Lines
If you have a list of people who have already shown an interest in what you do or sell, you can use retargeting to get them to open your emails. Retargeting is all about reminding people of what they’re interested in and getting them to take action.
Some great examples of retargeting email subject lines include:
33. Uh-oh, Your Subscription Is About to Expire!
34. We Miss You! Come Back and Get 10% Off
35. It’s Been a While Since You’ve Shopped With Us…
36. You Left Something in Your Shopping Cart
37. The Price For One Of Your Cart Items Has Dropped!
38. Your Favorite Product is Back in Stock!
39. You Asked, We Listened: Introducing Our Newest Product
40. Did You Miss Out On Our Last Sale?
41. Summer’s Coming: Time to Restock Your Wardrobe
42. We Have Good News… Your Subscription Has Been Extended!
Pain Point Subject Lines
People are more likely to open and read an email if it promises to solve a problem they’re having. This is why pain point subject lines are so effective.
The following are some examples of great pain point email subject lines:
43. Tired of Feeling Stressed Out?
44. Want to Lose Weight Fast? Try These 5 Tips
45. Frustrated with Your Lack of Progress?
46. Sick of Working Long Hours and Not Seeing Results?
47. Do You Make These 5 Common Mistakes in Your Business?
48. Can’t Seem to Get Ahead Financially?
49. Feeling Overwhelmed by Your To-Do List?
50. Do You Suffer from These 5 Common Email Marketing Mistakes?
Personalized Subject Lines
People are more likely to open and read an email if it feels like it’s been written just for them. By using personalized subject lines, you can make your recipients feel special and increase the likelihood that they’ll open your email.
You can get inspired by the following examples of great personalized email subject lines:
51. John, We Have Good news…
52. Happy Birthday, Sarah!
53. I Wanted to Thank You For…
54. We Have a Special Offer Just for You!
55. Thanks for Being a Loyal Customer, Lisa!
56. A Personal Invitation from Me to You…
57. I Thought You Might Be Interested in This…
58. So, I’ll see you at 3pm tomorrow?
59. Good to See You Last Week, Mark!
60. Can I Ask You for a Quick Favor?
Vanity Subject Lines
People love to see their own name, and vanity subject lines capitalize on this by getting recipients to open an email because they think it’s about them.
Here are some examples of great vanity email subject lines:
61. Have You Seen Your Business Lately?
62. Your Venture Won’t Be the Same Without Our Help
63. Get Ready to See Some Amazing Growth in Your Business
64. I Think We Can Help You With Your Marketing Strategy
65. Are You Ready for a Bigger and Better Business?
66. We Have Great News For Your Business!
67. You’re Not Living Up to Your Potential…
68. You Will Thank Us For This Email
69. Check Out What We Did for Our Last Client…
70. See How Much Better Your Business Could Be!
Incentivized Subject Lines
Incentivized subject lines are designed to get recipients to take action by offering them something in return. This could be a discount, a freebie, or simply some helpful information.
The following are some examples of great incentivized email subject lines:
71. Here’s Our Christmas Gift To You…
72. Happy New Year! Here’s a Discount For You
73. Spring Cleaning Sale: Up to 50% off!
74. We’re Feeling Generous… Get 20% off Your Next Purchase!
75. Download Our Free eBook and Learn How to Make More Money!
76. Thanks For Checking Us Out! Here’s a Discount For You
77. Get Our Exclusive Report and Find Out How to Make More Sales
78. There Might Be A Gift Card Waiting For You In Your Inbox…
79. Check Your Email To See If You Won Our Contest!
80. It’s On The House! Get Our Free Guide To Improving Your Business
Exclusivity Subject Lines
People want to feel like they’re part of an exclusive club, and you can use this to your advantage by using exclusivity subject lines. By making recipients feel special, you can increase the likelihood that they’ll open your email.
Here are some examples of great exclusivity email subject lines:
81. [MEMBERS EXCLUSIVE] Save 20% on Your Next Purchase
82. For a Limited Time Only… Get 50% off Your Order!
83. You’re Invited To Our VIP Event!
84. Get Early Access To Our Newest Collection!
85. Join Our Exclusive Loyalty Program and Get Rewards!
86. Psst… We Have a Secret Sale Just for You!
87. Be One of the First To Know About Our Newest Arrival!
88. Get Access to Our Members-Only Forum!
89. You’ve Been Selected To Try Our Newest Product!
90. Congratulations! You’ve Won a Free Gift!
Straightforward Subject Lines
With so much competition in the inbox, sometimes the best thing you can do is keep it simple and to the point. Straightforward subject lines let recipients know exactly what they can expect from your email, which can increase the likelihood that they’ll open it.
Some effective examples of straightforward email subject lines include:
91. Your Report Is Ready To View
92. You’ve Been Approved For Our VIP Program
93. Your Subscription Is Now Active
95. Just Checking In…
Sloth Subject Lines
Let’s be real: who doesn’t want a shortcut to getting more done? Sloth-themed subject lines capitalize on this by offering recipients a way to get what they want without putting in too much effort.
Here are some great examples of sloth-themed email subject lines:
96. Double Your Revenue With Half the Effort!
97. The Lazy Way to More Sales
98. How to Make More Money Without Working Harder
99. The Ultimate Checklist For Achieving Your Goals
100. The Secret to Getting More Done in Less Time
Formatted Email Subject Lines
Email marketing is a powerful tool that can help you boost your open rates and improve your bottom line. By using the right subject line, you can increase the likelihood that recipients will open and engage with your email.
When crafting your subject line, keep in mind that personalization, urgency, and specificity are key. In addition, don’t be afraid to experiment with different types of subject lines to see what works best for your audience. That’s why we created Formatted email Subject Lines by cloudHQ.
MailKing for Smart Email Marketing Software
Lastly, we all need a solid email marketing software app to help us get our message out. Simply try MailKing to help you do that, and you can personalize any of your emails with any of our templates, or you can copy any email you received and save it as your own template to customize. Take a look.