- Go to Synchronization tab. Click on “Add Synchronization Pair”. That will take you to https://cloudHQ.net/synch_wizard
- Click on the Google Docs icon
- In next step, click on Add Google Docs (or select your Google Docs account if it is already configured)
- Now, create a new Google Doc collection which will be dedicated for files which will be uploaded to Basecamp. So click on “Create Folder” and create a new folder. You can name this folder “GDocs_Basecamp”
- Then select the newly created collection (“GDocs_Basecamp”) and press “Select Folder’
- On this step, you need to select your Basecamp account which will be sync’d with selected Google Docs collection. So click on the Basecamp icon.
- In next step, click on Add Basecamp (or select your Basecamp account if it is already configured)
- Now, just select top-level Basecamp folder: This folder contains all project, files and messages from your Basecamp account. Or you could select just a project or portion of a project. Click on the ”Select Folder” button.
- Click on ‘Synchronize Continuously’ to start synchronization
cloudHQ will copy your Basecamp data into Google Docs collection “GDocs_Basecamp” and create required folder structure.
So wait for the first sync to finish (you will receive an email).
Now you can just go to Google Docs (http://docs.google.com), select files you want to upload to Basecamp, click on “Organize” and add your files to GDocs_Basecamp/<project_name>/Files (attached to Project)/<category name> collection: these files will be automatically uploaded to Basecamp. Also each time you modify these files, a new version of files will be uploaded to Basecamp.