Table of Contents
The revenue generated from email marketing is set to increase by $17.9 billion by 2027. You can get a piece of that pie by practicing healthy email marketing strategies. This means sending mail to engaged subscribers on your list who are satisfied with your offerings and bought them at least once.
The thing is, you aren’t the only one offering those products. Without online marketing, you can easily lose customers to big-name brands. This can tempt you to rent or purchase an email list which can backfire spectacularly.
Why Buying Email Lists Isn’t a Good Idea
Here are some of the reasons why taking this shortcut to email lists isn’t a good idea:
- You can violate disclosure and consent regulations per the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), and other strict rules, opening yourself up to possible legal action and hefty fines.
- You can never claim ownership of it, because you don’t know how it was created.
- Google can de-platform you, which will hurt your sender reputation and business.
- Certain email marketing services may not allow you to email such lists.
- The people on your list won’t know you or your brand, which often increases your bounce rate.
- By increasing your bounce rate, you risk decreasing your sender reputation, which might mark your future emails as spam.
- The recipients in your email list may flag you as spam, further increasing your bounce rate.
- Old lists might be cheap, but they can cost you significantly more in the long run.
What You Can Do Instead
In other words, purchasing or renting email lists is far from a good idea. It offers little to no value and can do more damage than you can fix. The best alternative is an email list that grows organically. Here are a few ways you can do that:
1. Build an Email List
Don’t rely on others to build your following for you, you can do it yourself in seconds! Just go to Export Emails to Sheets and install it from Chrome.
For a small fee, it’ll go through your entire Gmail account (or just a Gmail label if you prefer), and collect every single email address, and organize it in a spreadsheet with a name, social profiles, any contact info like an address, website, or phone number, what their work title is, and so much more. It’s a lifesaver of an app.
2. Content is King
Keep your email campaigns evergreen with good content. Don’t send ugly-looking content, or content that doesn’t interest your audience. Ensure what you send them is something they’ll find useful. You can use MailKing, an email marketing software that provides you with thousands of professionally-designed email templates, and gives you plenty of ideas to reach out to your audience in a personalized way.
The bottom line is that if you want to ensure your email list remains organic, doesn’t face strict penalties, and your sender reputation improves, stick to quality email lists you build yourself, and send them something you know they’ll want to read. While some emails may bounce, you can weed these out quickly using the Export Emails to Sheets 1-click wizard.
3. Check for Bounced Emails
This is where the 1-click wizard in Export Emails to Sheets from cloudHQ will prove invaluable.
After running the wizard, the parser will take some time to go through your emails looking for bounced messages. Once it’s done, it will generate a sheet that will look something like this:
Get a bird’s eye view of all bounced emails by subject, delivery error, date, time, and message/thread ID. Once they’ve bounced, make sure to clean them out of your email list quickly to maintain a good email reputation.
With these 3 tips, you should be on your way to sending professional email marketing campaigns with a high sender reputation, and get to your business goals more effectively.