Sending a well-designed email is like wearing a tailored suit to a business meeting.
It creates an excellent first impression.
Clearly, Gmail does not make very nice-looking emails. As text-based emails, it’s very drab.
But by adding graphics, colors, or other branding elements, Gmail has the huge potential to be engaging.
Our new free Chrome extension is here to help. It’s called, “Gmail Email Templates.”
It’s 100% free for anyone with an “@gmail.com” account or a business email hosted through Google Apps.
Using a Pre-Designed Template
Once you install the Chrome extension, you’ll have access to a library of standard templates.
To use a template, click the Email Templates button, then select the template you’d like to use:
Want a Custom Template?
If you’d like to create unique email templates, it’s a simple four-step process:
- Open a new Google Docs document.
- Design your template in Docs.
- Use the Convert Google Docs to Gmail Drafts Chrome extension to import the template into Gmail with a single click:
- Save the template in Gmail:
Once you’ve saved your template, it will be available to use with any email message you create in the future.
Creative Ideas for Using Gmail Email Templates
There are dozens of ways you could use email templates. Here are just a few to consider:
- Internal or external email newsletters (be sure to comply with CAN-SPAM legal requirements)
- Professional-looking thank you, birthday, or reminder emails
- Event invitations
- Onboarding messages for new clients
Your brand is more than just the sum of the products you sell. It’s your reputation—your calling card.
Want to establish yourself as a professional?
Gmail Email Templates is an easy, free way you can use to reinforce your reputation as a professional and set yourself apart from others in your field.